Each season Aleksandra and I make changes to the main website–andrewjamestaggart.com–so that it accords with the changing rhythms of nature. Our theme for winter 2014 is ‘Radiance Pianissimo.’
This winter, though, we took things much, much further: we reworked the main website from the ground up.
1.) to show more and tell less;
2.) to make the relationship between word and image much cleaner and clearer (ekphrasis);
3.) to make the categories more recognizable to those not already familiar with my work (e.g., Individuals, Pairs & Groups, Guides for Living, etc.);
4.) to treat the site as a beautiful manifestation of a philosophical way of life (cf. radiance).
With these ends in mind, we added a number of helpful, beautiful features:
- We laid out what subjects conversation partners, philosophical friends, and I commonly talk about: http://andrewjamestaggart.com/subjects/
- We provided maps and models that give newcomers a better sense of how we work together and how the gift economy works: http://andrewjamestaggart.com/how-we-work-together/
- We created a storybook that allows newcomers to have a more intuitive feel for what a philosophical conversation with me is like: http://andrewjamestaggart.com/individuals/
- We provided a visual representation to show how a good and beautiful contemplative day unfolds: http://andrewjamestaggart.com/coursing/
- Throughout, we included photos that, when clicked on, open up and fill the entire screen, thus becoming artworks unto themselves.
We wanted, in short, for the one coming up the site to pause, slow down, and take notice. We hope you’ll find the experience of strolling through the website both illuminating and edifying. As usual, if you’d like to get in touch with me, you can do so through the Contact Form, which is located on the main site.