One-on-one, Guided Meditation
Dialogical meditation is a one-on-one, improvisational, guided form of meditation that uses pointers, evocations, and questions to deepen our inquiry (i) into what you’re holding onto and (ii) into the nature of reality.
Listening to how you articulate your experience in the midst of our shared meditation, I let my intuition guide us toward what, here and now, needs to happen.
Does your white-knuckled grip need to be loosened? Does something blocked or stuck need to be unblocked or unstuck? Does craving need to fade? Does a greater sense of reality need to be glimpsed? Does genuine peace need to be rested into?
Each dialogical meditation–unique, direct, experiential–appears, unfolds according to what’s happening right here, and disappears yet not before opening up something beautiful and mysterious within us. Thus does it leave welcome traces in our hearts.
Who Could Benefit
Dialogical meditation can be helpful for
- those who have a seated meditation practice yet find that it’s “stale” or “lacking juice”;
- those who have experienced ongoing forms of suffering that haven’t dissolved through cognitive methods alone;
- those accustomed to breathwork who are looking for dialogue and a sense of direction;
- those who love the art of conversation but who need to tap into the intuitive, holistic parts of their being;
- those who, often for years, have been searching for meaning in life but who have yet to realize directly what meaning is;
- those concerned with “spiritual bypass” and who therefore want to investigate emotive, somatic, and instinctive aspects of their experience more closely and rigorously.
Dialogical meditations, lasting about 1 hour 15 minutes, typically unfold in 3 parts:
- We begin with a brief–perhaps 10 minute–dialogue with a view to getting a vivid, tangible sense of where you’re at right now.
- We engage in a dialogical meditation for roughly 40-50 minutes.
- We conclude with your articulation of what is now experientially clear to you after the meditation.
Booking a Meditation
The rate is $200 USD per dialogical meditation.
Because of my rigorous Rinzai Zen practice, I typically have only the following morning and afternoon slots available:
- Monday through Friday, also Sunday: 9:00-10:15 a.m. EST & 10:00-11:15 EST
- Monday through Friday, also Sunday: 4:00-5:15 p.m. EST, 5:00-6:15 p.m., & 6:00-7:15 p.m. EST
To convert EST to your local time, use Time Zone Converter. In the first field, enter “New York City.”
The waiting period is usually 2-3 weeks.
To book a meditation, please fill in the Contact Form. My wife Alexandra will take your payment and find a specific time when we can meditate together.