In what typical statements does insistence manifest itself?
- I know how it is (and must be and cannot be otherwise).
- This is how we’ve always done things around here (and this is how we’ll continue to do things around here).
- That’s how I was taught (and I’m just doing what I was told: you should too).
- This is the right way to proceed. (Other ways are not worth considering.)
- I know what’s best for us.
- Based on my experience, we would be best off if we were to–.
- The most effective way of–.
- We should–, we ought to–.
- We must–, we have to–.
- Everyone is supposed to–.
When we review the list above, what do we discover are the linguistic indicators or telltale signs of insistence?